Thursday, December 21, 2017

Book Talk - The Voice of the People: American Democracy in Action

Bibliographic Information: Maestro, B. & Maestro, G. (1996). The voice of the people: American democracy in action. New York, NY: Lothrop, Lee, & Shepard Books.
Intended Audience: Grades 4-8
Approach: I think my approach would be considered mood-based.
The Talk: In the early hours of the morning, people line up at firehouses, public buildings, and schools all across America. It's Election Day. By voting, American citizens exercise their right to participate in government. But, how does all that work? The Maestro's have hit a home run again with their book The Voice of the People: American Democracy in Action. This books tells you everything you need to know about how democracy in the United States works. There are colorful pictures that show off some of the prominent people and buildings of our government. With Election Day quickly approaching, you are definitely going to want to check this book out!
Here is the link to my video. Please bear with me. I have been very sick for the past week. Don't mind my appearance or my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment